My oldest son has loved working with clay since he was about 4 years old. Here are some photos of  a  few of his creations. Some are from main lesson work and some from his love of all things Pokemon.

This one if from his first attempt at making a claymation movie.

This is the totem pole he made while studying the NW Pacific Indians in 3rd grade.
This is my absolute favorite! He is sculpting a pyramid being made by the Hebrew slaves. Inside is a sarcophagus of the Pharaoh with a mummy inside of it. Malachi only uses non hardening Everything's A Dollar $1 a pack clay. He made this mummy from the inside out. It has organs and skin under the mummy wrappings. I snapped this picture right before I went into a session with a client. (Malachi was homeschooled at work with me until i shut the business down.) When i came out of the session 1 hour later he had destroyed it saying he had ran out of brown! Oh! I was heart broken. It was truly an amazing piece and i only snapped this one picture. I wish I could have captured more of the detail. Perhaps he will recreate a version of it next year while we study Ancient Egypt (Gr5).                           
This piece is from another clayanamation movie he made. If i figure out how to post movies I will add it.
This is one of his Pokemon carrying a Lego person. If Malachi was sitting beside me right now he would be pointing out his name and such, but he is off with his Dad this weekend. (I may have to edit when he returns)
And this is my boy. Sneaky little guy. I was cooking something and looked down to see him looking up at me like this. Sometimes he just freaks me out! I love him so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment