This is Lillie, my 5 week old great niece. Most mornings until mid to late afternoon, I am blessed to be the care giver of this precious little one. She arrives early, before my children wake. We enjoy a bottle and cuddle while listening to lullabies. She reminds me of the simple times, being a new and single mom to Malachi. Oh, how we would rock and nurse the day away. Lillie has reminded me that my boys, my babes are still so small. Of course now they are 6 and 10 years old and growing like sunflowers but i look into Lillie's eyes and remember. Ah..my babies, and I am thankful they still need me. She reminds me that just as i cater to her needs with love and openness in my heart I too need to show the same love and openness to my sons. There needs and the way they express them may be different than this lovely little girl but they are equally important.

Here are my boys helping mom out while she needed a potty break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment