I found this really cool blog on Blue Sky's and Dragonfly's blog and though it would be a nice addition to my rarely used blog. Here it is http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY


Outside my window...The last bit of sweet smelling honeysuckles. I love that sweet heady scent as I open my front door.

I am thinking...about really beginning a journal. Using it to record my daily life of raising children, homeschooling, simple living and most of all my walk with God. I'm thinking about food storage and healthy meal planning, bible study and friendships.

I am thankful for...the many blessing Source brings to me each day. It this moment I am so thankful for my health and the health of my family.

From the learning rooms...I am reading and practicing Jodi Mesler's Living Music From the Heart vol 1 and 2 trying to get ready for Fall lessons to start again.

From the kitchen...trying to figure out how much food can fit in our pantry and how much it will cost to buy it. Food storage stresses me out. I feel conflicted about buying a bunch of canned and dehydrated foods because we enjoy eating fresh or frozen fruits and veggies. I can't see buying what i will only use in emergency and buying my normal groceries too. How do people afford that. I know to go slow and build over time but that so goes against my temperament. I'm praying for peace of mind and a clear plan. I am reminded that i have one that i am choosing not to follow..lol

I am wearing...My very favorite black gauze capri's and a bright yellow Mormon Helping Hands shirt I got for participating in a community service day with the church. It was so much fun and really strengthened our family bonds.

I am creating... Lesson plans! Always seem to be creating lesson plans.

I am going...to get a new journal, i have one in mind i seen a few days ago.

I am reading...The LDS Quad. Chris and i have a wonderful Bible study outline that we are doing together.

I am hoping...to be surprised with a nice camcorder to record our family and our days on the farm.

I am hearing...silence, the buzz of the little window A/C unit trying its best to keep our living room cool on this rather hot day.

Around the house...I see clutter as we are learning to fit in this tiny house that we love so much.

One of my favorite things...is going out to the barn. I love the way the animals run up to great me. I know they are looking for food but i love it. I love that my children love me so much that they follow me everywhere i go, even the bathroom (though we are working on giving mommy some privacy...my husband is trying hard too..lol)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Get ready for a yard sale!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...This is the temple where I live. I like to look at it (and others) and imagine the beauty and grace that one must feel when they enter. Chris and I have about 11 more months before we can go. This picture reminds me of our goal to get our temple recommend and what we must do to get it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment